chutes-and-ladders

Friday, June 27, 2008

Hollyhocks


Last weekend we went to see Grandma and Grandpa at the farm. When we arrived I realized that my mom's hollyhocks were blooming next to the barn. As kids, my mom taught us to make dolls from a flower and a bud of the hollyhocks. This is something my kids had not yet been exposed to, so I told M that she needed to ask Grandma to make her a doll out of flowers.

Later in the afternoon, when we were outside, M remembered the flower dolls that I had told her about and she asked Grandma. My mom was happy to pass on the tradition. The girls thought this was great. They played with the flowers and even gave them rides in the wagon behind the peddle tractor. The only problem we had was M kept pulling the "head" off of her doll. J was gentler and had better luck.

It was a nice tradition to pass on to my kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home