chutes-and-ladders

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My big kindergarten girl...


M started kindergarten today and she loved it. She was so excited to go to school today, she couldn't wait to get on the bus. I can't believe that my baby is soo grown up.

She tends to be more clingy to me, so we decided that G would take her to the bus and I would take J to school. We had figured the bus would be running late, but it ended up being right on time and J and I saw the bus come down the street and watched from our porch as she got on at the neighbors house. G said that she got on without looking back.



Tonight at dinner, I asked her favorite part and she told me lunch! She loved that she got to pick what was in her lunch and take her lunchbox with all the things she likes. They also got to listen to stories, including Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten, write their names, draw pictures, play on the playground, and I don't know what else. She sits at a table with 1 other girl and 3 boys. She's learning and getting used to all the new kids in her class. She loved riding the bus and it turns out her friend from daycare that lives in the neighborhood is on the same bus and they walked into school together (he's in a different class, but they are next door to each other and they have recess and lunch and after-school program together).

When I got to school to pick her up this afternoon (at the after-school program) she was in tears. Her friend from daycare had just left and I think she was overwhelmed. At dinner she said some big kids made fun of them for being kindergartners after school. I told her, "well -- you are kindergartners, and that's not a bad thing". Other than that, she had a great day and is very excited to go back tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home