chutes-and-ladders

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Garden Buds...

I took M to her first "Garden Buds" class at the Botanical Gardens today. She and I had a great time. We learned all about how plants move and the kids pointed out the creepers and crawlers that they found in the Temperate House and the Climatron. The instructor read them some stories, Little Pea and Harvey the Gardener. Both were very appropriate books for the class, but I must say that "Little Pea" is super cute and the kids loved it.
Near the end of class the kids got to plant 3 Miniature Sweet Pea seeds and bring them home. They should sprout in 7-10 days. Keep your fingers crossed, I don't have a green thumb so I hope they grow.
I'm so glad we decided to sign her up for these classes, its fun to see her interact and learn about things that I know nothing about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home