chutes-and-ladders

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend Re-Cap:
On Saturday we went to the Botanical Garden to the Japanese Festival. We brought along my sister M or "Ahh Mimi" as J calls her. We wandered around the gardens looking at the beautiful flowers, the Chihuly glass exhibit, and chased the girls around the children’s garden. We watched a bit of the Sumo Wrestling demonstration, had a picnic lunch, looked at the vendor stands and had a good time hanging out. The weather was absolutely beautiful and it was the perfect day to be out and about in the fresh air and spending time with the kids. I love doing this sort of thing with the girls, hopefully they will continue to enjoy this sort-of outing as they get older.

On Sunday and Monday we just hung out around home, went to the grocery store, etc. G worked on the dining room and we now have primed walls, they need another coat or 2 before the final paint color, but he is making progress.

We did find some time to play Uno, color, play trains and legos and play outside on the swingset. The girls had a good time swinging, going down the slide and playing Frisbee or "frisbeef" as M calls it. G even got out his aerobie/Frisbee that he used to play with in collage. I proved to him and the girls why I don’t play organized sports… I was throwing it back and forth with G and M wanted me to throw it to her. Well, I told her that I would throw it to Dad this time and then she could have a turn. So, she was looking at G, and I was looking at her as I threw it, and well, I managed to hit her in the side of the head with it. I knew it was going to be bad as soon as I let it go, but at that point there wasn't anything I could do. This morning she told me "Mommy, my head is fine, it didn't hurt when I was sleeping". I feel so guilty about it, but what can I say, I totally throw like a girl. Just don’t ask me to play any sport that involves throwing or catching with you, consider yourself warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home