chutes-and-ladders

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

J had a fever when she got up this morning... so today is a "stay at home day" for her and I. Why is it that this type of thing catches me so off guard? Could it be because she was eating everything in sight yesterday? Could it be that now, after a dose of motrin, she's acting like her normal old self? Who knows....

We had an exciting time last weekend... On Saturday my sister came over and she, G and I took the girls to Faust Park to ride the carousel and go to the butterfly house. All morning M kept saying "I want to go see the butterflies" but once we got inside she wanted to go home. I think she was a little freaked out by the number of them as well as how close they would get to her.

On Sunday, I took the girls over to a baby shower and to my sister's for dinner. The girls were remarkably well behaved at the shower considering I made them sit in one spot for over 2 hours. I was prepared with crayons and stickers, which never hurts, and of course their were snacks... At my sister's the kids got a little rowdy and ran around quite a bit. My sister's fiance made white chicken chilli and pizza for dinner. J loved the chilli! She couldn't get enough, I gave her one bite and then I couldn't keep her hands out of my bowl. With the lack of naps and all the excitement the girls were pooped when we headed home. They both slept on the drive and after we got home M told me "I want to go to bed, mommy" so she was in bed at 6:45pm. J wasn't very far behind. It was nice to have both kids in bed and asleep by 7pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home